Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

Parrot Society of New Zealand
The National Wildlife Centre
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
New Zealand Conservation Management Group

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - Has my bird had a stroke?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

Has my bird had a stroke?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Vets Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ange47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Has my bird had a stroke?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have a kakariki, she is just lovely and I am worried about her. Since yesterday, she has not been able to use her foot and she is not able to (on the same side) use her wing either. She has no reflex in that foot either but doesnt appear to be in pain. She cant stand properly or climb.

Do you think it might be a stroke? If so, is there any treatment or what else could it be instead? I haven't been to the vet yet - she seemed to be a bit like this before but recovered slowly, but I was on holidays when that happened so i'm unsure exactly what it looked like.

Otherwise she is happy, drinking and eating as normal. So i would love to hear ideas from you all - i love her dearly and would hate to lose her - mind you i cant recall how old she is - we got her from a relative so i don't know. She was recently looking like she was wanting to breed (laying eggs etc) but we don't know any people with kakarikis around here so that's not a possibility.

Thanks any advice is much appreciated!

Ange
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Vets Corner All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: