Welcome to Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation!
Ask Questions, Find Answers and DiscussionsKakariki Member Pics, Mutation/Species IdentificationInformation on Permits, Research Papers etcLinks to Other Sites and InformationYour A/C Details, Messages

GT Modules
· Home
· Forums
· Email Webmaster
Email Webmaster for any problems with Registering, the site and General Enquires
·Link to Us, Details
Set to your default home page· Set Home page

QuickSearch
for key Words
Advanced Search
 Search  Words

NZ Conservation            Projects

DoC / NZ Conservation Sites

MOTUIHE PROJECT
New Zealand Brown Teal (Pateke)
ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience
Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
Parrot Society of New Zealand

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Diet, Health, Aviaries and Conservation: Forums

Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation :: View topic - First time kaks owner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch     Log inLog in/Register  

First time kaks owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki General Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megajra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: First time kaks owner

Hello honestly just by accident I bought pair of kaks I was walking through car boot sale and sow those two in tiny cage roasting in sun so not thinking much I got them (I has previously red rump) so I was equipped in big cage .yellow and green ( my son creatively name them that) they are sm parrots even with them wings cliped running around the house like creazy they are so hilarious male feeds all the time female calls her hes cheeky one after 3 weeks of beeing with us he started picking food from my hand but just him , she is constantly scared of everything just interacting with male calls him she looks at me like o god please don't came near me so I decided to give her more time and space from trying to like me .I when we brought them home I've noticed her leg has been really hurted its bit twisted inside probably was broken and nobody cared and it bones inside growed back like that but doesn't bother her at all.I was reading lots of post here how to take care of them what to feed them how to provide calcium ( that matter not easy they at the moment not touching no bones no mealworms but i'm not giving up) just becouse I have pair of them do I have to provide nesting boxes for them on first I was thinking to let them have chicks once or twice but while I was reading posts it seams that once they start breeding they not stoping :).so do I have to breed them or the can live as my company without kids need bit clarification on that ?? Is there any way to convince them to eat worms ?? Thx a lot for answers any tips are very w3c as those two really did grow on me as never before dealt with individuals like those parrots :)))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kakariki, Care, Breeding, Ecology, and Conservation Forum Index -> Kakariki General Care All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Copy Paste Text Here to Translate
Select Language and Translate

Jump to: